Wednesday, July 10, 2019

The raptors are all looking down on me

White-bellied Sea-eagle takes a dim view of me possibly too close to her (probable gender) in Townsville Town Common Con. Pk today. Should be another set of eyes (juvenile) looking out from nearby nest soon.


Osprey overhead at dam wall. Several aborted plunges, two big splashes. No fish. But did see off presumed partner to female Sea-eagle.

Swamp Harrier skirmished briefly with Osprey and Sea-eagle before heading south out of their territories.

Black-shouldered Kite nowhere to be seen today. Hard stare came yesterday as I walked under dead tree much used by several raptor species near the airport fenceline.

No comments:

Some birds close to my heart of things

Home's where the heart is, close to home's where many of my birds are. Benefit of buying into retirement village surrounded by conse...