Fluked capture of Little Black Cormorant's (Phalacrocorax sulcirostris) brilliant eye colour yesterday.
Today, got much closer to one bird for long time. Wouldn't you know it, colour nothing to write home about. Sometimes it's breeding stage, sometimes angle of light and lens.
So, I've written it up here anyway. And I'm not writing off hopes of better to come.
Also wishing a few more Australian Pelicans (Pelecanus conspicillatus) might cruise by Tyto. Closer to the camera.
And that the Australasian Darters (Anhinga novehollandiae) would get down from the heights of Leichhardt trees.
Click pix to enlarge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lament for southern Black-throated Finches
Hollow logs for at risk birdies? Nature's nest boxes if you please Oh, such a clever wheeze So gather in twos and threes? Hundreds you w...
-
Hollow logs for at risk birdies? Nature's nest boxes if you please Oh, such a clever wheeze So gather in twos and threes? Hundreds you w...
-
Golden-headed Cisticola not so rusty when it comes to catching a feed See the eagle-eyed birdo doing his stuff. Eyes always on the move, mi...
-
Brown-backed Honeyeaters ( Ramsayornis modestus ) flourish in Tyto in spite of many nesting failures. They usually build their bulky, dangli...
I've seen that beautiful eye color in cormorants too - I don't like to think it's just a trick of the light!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how the cormorant can be in trees with the type of feet they have.
ReplyDeleteYou are right, Mick. Maturity vital, but light must be right too.
ReplyDeleteAgree they look clumsy, Neil. But picture us with fully webbed fingers. We'd still be able to grip powerfully, would we not?
I seldom get close to Cormorants.
ReplyDeleteNice capture.
I am partial to gliding Pelican shots. Love;y image.
Denis