Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cor, love a duck (hard core)!

Nothing like a breakfast of duck in the mud to get Water Python's day off to a flying start.


Came upon snake engulfing (in-gulping?) waterbird with black webbed feet at the edge of the main Tyto lagoon yesterday.


Probably been at it for hours before I chanced along.

Another half-hour and the bird (possibly, Grey Teal) was no more than a bump in the middle of the  snake, which cruised off into the shallow water and mud to  set about digesting things.

2 comments:

mick said...

Amazing photos - the colors on the skin are beautiful - but what shocking table manners! I don't like those "beasties" any more than I did before :-)

Judi Gray said...

Fabulous sighting and photos! Beautiful colourings on the snake. The food chain is certainly interesting.

Some birds close to my heart of things

Home's where the heart is, close to home's where many of my birds are. Benefit of buying into retirement village surrounded by conse...