Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pitta pictures not so flash


Caught up with Noisy Pitta (Pitta versicolor) at Jourama Falls twice this week only to be caught out with too much flash when bird left the dark forest floor.

And it just would not look down at me (maybe looking down on me?).  

Why can't they simply walk up the road into shot like helpful Southern Cassowary (Casuarius casuarius) near Wallaman Falls a while back?

Or link up with me by posing at Taylors Beach, like this Spangled Drongo (Dicrurus bracteatus)?

2 comments:

mick said...

You are too fussy! and spoilt too if you think all birds should just walk up to you or pose perfectly! Beautiful birds!

Tyto Tony said...

They have to come to me! I'm too old to lie down and hide away. Or to play chasey.

Head up for dragonfly, head off for fish head . . .

One moment it's dragonfly trying to dance on White-bellied Sea-Eagle's head, the next it's all go for fisher's discarded fis...