Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rufous, rueful follow grassbird gaffe


Oops! It's boohoo after booboo. Thought Little Grassbird had turned up two days  ago - after four-year absence. Small wet bird acted the part, though didn't look totally right. Moderators queried the ID, then passed my mistake to all and sundry, some of whom got to right ID more quickly than me. 



Young Rufous Songlark (Cincloramphus mathewsi) today in Tyto looks rather different dry and under reasonable light. Sorry. Feet of clay and all that.



If only I had someone to tickle me under the chin and tell me there, there, life's like that, we all make mistakes. Tried doing it the Chestnut-breasted Mannikin (Lonchura castaneothorax) way but found scleria stems a bit unforgiving. 
Click pix to enlarge  

No comments:

Some birds close to my heart of things

Home's where the heart is, close to home's where many of my birds are. Benefit of buying into retirement village surrounded by conse...