Sunday, June 18, 2023

Water Python quick to take and swallow duck


Water Python wraps around Pacific Black Duck in narrow channel between two small Townsville wetlands. About an hour later bird was an elongated bulge inside snake, surprisingly faster than I expected after wandering off birding for a bit.

 

Today (Sunday 18/06/23) started with a bang. Huge tall security roller door giving access to my block of retirement village studio units collapsed overnight, locking my high-top Toyota Troopy in. Smaller vehicles can duck through lower passage. So, walk north to bird next door at Rowes Bay Sustainability Centre, a touch closer than Rowes Bay Wetlands, which is next door to southwest.


There I bumped into friend and fellow birder Ed Pierce. And as we walked to southern end of centre wetlands we heard frantic splashing before finding python and duck in life and death struggle barely five metres away. Snake may well be one that I got shots of polishing off Grey Teal in Rowes Bay Wetlands last month (earlier blog post).  

No comments:

Some birds close to my heart of things

Home's where the heart is, close to home's where many of my birds are. Benefit of buying into retirement village surrounded by conse...