Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Junior Bush Stone-curlew survives days of rain

Took my eye off these two Bush Stone-curlew eggs for a wee bit and 'hey presto' they were gone from trim gardens close to my overnight parking spot.

Along with stroppy protective male (presumed).

And less threatening female (presumed).

Five days later (four of them filled with rain) and much noise today close to my studio unit in Rowes Bay, Townsville. So, junior's about six days old.

The commotion possibly marked demise of second youngster. No signs, however, of marauding cat or goanna. Interrogated junior's companions but no answers from them.




No comments:

Some birds close to my heart of things

Home's where the heart is, close to home's where many of my birds are. Benefit of buying into retirement village surrounded by conse...