Thursday, November 5, 2015

Baza, Collared Sparrowhawk too fast for me

Trying to catch Pacific Baza (Aviceda subcristata) up close with its wings spread but it took off skywards too fast for me. The old reflexes almost caught up, achieving the sort of arty shot I used to occasionally try for - and never did half so well as this accidental effort.

Another raptor, another failed flight hope. Collared Sparrowhawk (Accipiter cirrocephalus) simply sat tight in Tyto - until I lowered weighty lens. Gone in a flash, of course. Always much discussion of differences between Sparrowhawk and Brown Goshawk. Bird above shows typical Sparrowhawk lengthy middle toe (left foot, between leaves) and less beetled brow.

No comments:

Some birds close to my heart of things

Home's where the heart is, close to home's where many of my birds are. Benefit of buying into retirement village surrounded by conse...