Thursday, February 14, 2013

Of peppermints in a pig's eye


Up Wallaman Falls way and scouting for Cassowary yesterday when along trots Miss Piggy. Gidday, says I. How're goin'? Grunt, says she. Grunt, grunt. Yeah, well, says I, would you like a peppermint? Grunt. grunt. Snap, crackle, chomp, chomp, chomp. You're supposed to suck them, says I.  Grunt, grunt. See you, says I. Grunt, grunt, grunt ... and off she trottered.

Today, after some mud-bashing at the end of the Orient Station road, found juvenile Mangrove Robin (Peneonanthe pulverulenta) plaintively 'pee pee peeping' at parents.  - and refusing my offer of a peppermint.

No wonder there are more feral pigs than Mangrove Robins.

No comments:

Some birds close to my heart of things

Home's where the heart is, close to home's where many of my birds are. Benefit of buying into retirement village surrounded by conse...